Monday, September 26, 2011

Update: Williamson Makes the Team

This summer, we posted a story about Chris Williamson. He is a sophomore at Syracuse University with some big dreams and one of those dreams has finally been realized.

If you remember from the earlier story, Williamson tried out for the Syracuse football team last year and didn't make it. After that, he worked day and night for a spot on the Orange roster. I was personally very excited to hear that Williamson tried out and made the team.

"After the tryout, I had no regrets," Williamson said. "I knew I had put it all on the line and gave it my all. I knew I could keep my head high whether I made it or not."

Chris found out he made the team when he got a call from from Director of Football Operations, Kevin Van Derzee.

"I couldn't believe I had achieved my dream," he said. It was a surreal and exciting moment for him, but Williamson realized he couldn't dwell on his happiness for too long. He realized that he now has a job to do, and that's to start "hitting some bodies and playing like there's no tomorrow."

Williamson said he was extremely grateful for the outpouring of support he got from his friends and family. "My mom's reaction was priceless," he said. And her reaction should have been priceless because walking on to a division one football team is a big deal. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication, two words that Chris is very familiar with.

Congratulations Chris Williamson, can't wait to see you out there on the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment